When you become a mom, so many things change but your style doesn’t have to suffer. You can still put together a stylish mom wardrobe to help you look your best even when you are tired and overwhelmed.
Post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
The best way to create a stylish mom wardrobe is to pick pieces that are easy to put together in a hurry while still being comfortable.
I wanted to put together a list of some things to look out for when you go shopping for new items to add to your stylish mom wardrobe. This will make your life so much easier because you already have enough to worry about!
Fashion should be fun not frustrating!
Stain Proof your Stylish Mom Wardrobe
No matter if you are a working mom or a stay at home mom, these tips should help keep your stylish pieces from getting ruined.
- Choose patterns instead of solids. Things like florals, plaids, stripes, and bold patterns will help hide stains from a sticky handed toddler or a baby spitting up as you head out the door.
- Try to choose pieces that are machine washable. This will save you so much time on laundry! Put back anything that says dry clean only or hand wash only!
- The next time you are shopping, take a corner of the fabric and do a crumple test to see how presentable it will look if you don’t have time to iron it.
- If you don’t have time to iron but need to get wrinkles out fast, try this DIY Wrinkle Releaser Spray. I use it all the time and it only costs pennies to make!
- Fall Closet Swap: Get your Closet Ready for Fall in Less than 30 Mins!
- Impress for Less: How to Save More on Fashion and Accessories
- How to Find Discounts on High End Cosmetics
Mom Wardrobe that is Always in Style
A great way to save on your stylish mom wardrobe is to choose pieces that will be in style for years to come. Keep this in mind even when you are shopping during the pregnancy and breastfeeding stage as you can continue to wear these pieces even after you have lost the baby weight.
- A wrap dress with a little room is great to wear during pregnancy and makes breastfeeding easier. As you start to lose weight, just wrap the dress tighter for a more snug fit.
- Cotton button downs are great throughout motherhood. They are easy to undo for breastfeeding. If you buy them a little oversized, you can tuck it in at the front to create a waistline while still covering up areas you don’t want to show off.
- As silky cardigan is great for dressing up your wardrobe while still being comfortable. They are great all throughout motherhood!
- You can’t go wrong with leggings and a tunic! You can dress it up by adding some fun accessories or choosing faux leather leggings over a cotton blend.
- If you want a more trimmed look, choose dresses or tops that have color blocking. By having black panels at your midsection or on the sides, it makes you look slimmer.
- Get shoes that are cute and practical. It is hard to carry a baby in high heels. Look for a shorter heel or go with flats. The most important thing to look for when buying shoes is the support! Brands like Aerosole, Naturalizer, and Easy Spirit all have super cute shoes, boots, and high heels that won’t leave you with aching feet at the end of the day!
Create a Stylish Mom Wardrobe Even on a Budget
When you are shopping around for the perfect wardrobe staples, keep a few things in mind:
- When shopping online, always shop through Ebates to save money on your purchase. It is free to use and you get a $10 bonus when you make your first $25 purchase!
- Shop at stores that offer free shipping and returns for when you aren’t sure about a size. At a minimum, look for stores that offer free shipping and will let you return to a physical store to help you save on return shipping costs. Amazon Prime wardrobe gives you 7 days to try on clothes before it charges you and return shipping is free!
- To cut down on the returns you have to make, invest in a tape measure to measure your waist, hips, and bust so that you can compare it to the sizes on the site’s size chart.
- If you want to save money on maternity clothes, check out these top 5 ways to save on maternity clothes.
Some of the best places I’ve found affordable stylish clothes, even designer brands, are:
Just because you are a mom doesn’t mean you have to look frumpy and not like yourself. You can still create a stylish mom wardrobe that is comfortable and functional for your new role as a mom!
Leave a Reply