Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to decorate for but it can get expensive rather quickly! I love doing Halloween dollar store decorations to keep within budget while still getting a spooky and fun feel to my home.
I know that you have probably seen some Halloween dollar store decoration ideas like the trash bag spider webs or the floating witches hats. They are fun and cute for kids but I like decorating with items that are cheap but don’t look like they came from the dollar store.
I have found some really cute and elegant Halloween dollar store decorations that look like they cost a lot more than they actually did.
I can’t wait to try out some of these ideas this year! I wanted to share them with you in case you are like me and want to get a head start on your Halloween crafting this year.
- DIY Fall Decor Ideas: Cheap and Easy to Make
- 20 Halloween Games for Kids
- 12 Gorgeous DIY Christmas Decor Ideas
Don’t worry, I am not super crafty, so I only pick Halloween dollar store decoration ideas that are easy to make…or at least seem easy to make.
Most of the items for these crafts you can get at the dollar stores but things like spray paint, glue guns, etc you will have to grab at Walmart or a local craft store. But these are only a few bucks to get as well.
If you don’t want to make your own Halloween decorations but still want some cute and affordable decor options, I have found some awesome already made Halloween decor at The Dollar Tree and in Target’s dollar spot. Most things are less than $3 so make sure to check out those places, too!
Halloween Dollar Store Decorations
- Halloween Bats: This is such an easy craft to do, even the kids can get involved. You can download the free template to make your very own bats to hang in your home, over your mantle, or even outside. All you need is some black construction paper.
- Lace Wreath: This wreath has a very Victorian feel to it. You could make this out of a pool noodle that are on clearance this time of year and get some lace and ribbon at the dollar store. Find the tutorial here.
- Pumpkin Door Decor: I love this idea instead of a basic wreath. You could take some plastic dollar store pumpkins, cut them in half, and decorate them with paint or washi tape. Add some ribbon as a finishing touch. Source.
- Halloween Boo Sign: I made this sign a few years ago and still use it today. It only cost me $8 to make and was super simple. It can be used inside or out. You can see how I made the Halloween Boo Sign here.
- Witch’s Brooms: These are so cute! You can take a cheap dollar store broom and spray paint it black. Then add some glitter and ribbon for a unique Halloween dollar store decoration! Tutorial can be found here.
- Mini Pumpkin Planters: Just take a mini plastic pumpkin from the dollar store and spray paint it any color you want. Add some plants and you have a cute place setting for a Halloween party. You could even use a larger pumpkin to decorate your front steps or entry way. See the tutorial here.
Cheap Halloween Decorations
- Floating Candles: I love this idea! Just grab some paper towel and toilet paper rolls and spray paint them white. Get some LED lights at the dollar store and hang them with string. This would be perfect for a Halloween party! Get the tutorial here.
- Spider Web Votive Holder. These look so simple to make, even I could do it! On your next dollar store trip, grab some yarn, little votive holders, and plastic spiders to create these fun candle holders.
- Halloween Candles: For another creative way to dress up dollar store candles, use this idea. All you need is some washi tape or stencils.
- Pumpkin Topiary: This is a really neat way to dress up those plastic dollar store pumpkins. Just paint them a color to compliment your decor and use hot glue and moss to add a classy look. You can get the tutorial here
- Spell Book Printables: All you need for this are some old books, a printer, and some paper. You can download the free printables here. The dollar store sells cheap books you can use to wrap these around if you don’t have any large books at home.
- Halloween Frames: Grab some cheap picture frames at the dollar store and spray paint them black. Then use some vinyl lettering to create a cute hanging Halloween decoration. See tutorial here.
I know that there are a lot of other great Halloween dollar store decorations you can find online and on Pinterest but these where my personal favorites that I wanted to share with you. A lot of these ideas look like they would cost a pretty penny if you were to buy something similar in a store.
I think that making Halloween dollar store decorations is just as fun as decorating my home for the holiday. It’s even more fun now that my daughter is old enough to help make them!
Which Halloween dollar store decoration idea will you be making this year?
Leave a Reply