One of my favorite things to do in the summer is outdoor entertaining. I love getting everyone together but I don’t like spending hours cooking and cleaning for the gathering. I always make an easy appetizer, like this Almond Cheese Ball recipe, to keep everyone happy while the main course is on the grill.
This post was sponsored by Walmart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I think that when you take the pressure off and make it easier on the host or hostess, the party is so much more fun because no one is stressing out.
Making easy recipes that can be made ahead of time is a great way to do that. Everyone likes to congregate around the grill while the main course is cooking so I like to put out a few easy appetizers that everyone will enjoy.
I love to save time and money before hosting a party as well, so my first stop is always Walmart. We are so lucky to have one close to our home that it is always easy to make a run to grab all of the party essentials at low prices.
I was able to get everything I needed to make my Almond Cheese Ball recipe as well as some other yummy treats to put out at the party.
I grabbed some Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus in case people wanted a healthier dip option. It is so full of flavor and is great to dip veggies or crackers in. The kids always seem to love this!
I also got some Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins to pair with the Almond Cheese Ball and Sabra Hummus. They are great for dipping and have a light, crunchy texture that I love. Not to mention, they are a great option for your gluten-free guests.
Once I had all of my ingredients, I was able to make my appetizers ahead of time. I recommend making this a couple of hours before the party.
Almond Cheese Ball Recipe
- 16 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 ounces of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces of pimento cheese
- 1 cup of Blue Diamond Gourment Garlic, Herb, and Olive Oil Almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers (optional)
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and pimento cheese together on low speed until combined.
- Stir in bell peppers if desired
- Chill mixture in the fridge for 30 min. to an hour to make it easier to form a ball
4. Chop or Crush Almonds. I placed mine between two paper towels and lightly crushed them with a mallet.
5. Take chilled mixture and form into a ball and roll in chopped almonds.
6. Chill until ready to serve.
That’s all there is to it! It takes me less than 15 minutes to put it all together and it is full of so much flavor. Since we weren’t having a huge crowd at this party, I decided to cut the recipe in half. If you are going to have a larger crowd, make the recipe as written.
I like using the Blue Diamond Gourmet Garlic, Herb, and Olive Oil Almonds in this recipe because it just takes the flavor up a notch. I love the garlic and herb flavors that it brings to the cheese ball!
I will also put out some of these almonds on their own for people to snack on. It’s fun to dip them in the Sabra hummus!
For less than $20, I was able to get everything I needed at Walmart for my easy summer entertaining appetizers and everyone loved them.
Walmart is currently holding a Backyard Makeover promotion on their Upgrade your Summer website. You can enter for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- Eight (8) Grand Prize Packages: Each winner will receive the following:
- One (1) Palm Springs Wicker Patio Set with four (4) Chairs.
- One (1) Sonus Out Speakers.
- One (1) Weber Genesis 11 E310 Grill.
- One (1) Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler.
- One (1) $300 Wal-Mart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
- Twenty-five (25) Second Prizes: Each winner to receive one (1) $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply)
They also have some amazing looking recipes on the site that would be perfect for your next outdoor entertaining event. They would go great with this Almond Cheese Ball recipe!
You May Also Like: