I love making this spinach and cheese stuffed shells recipe because it is easy and it is the ultimate comfort food. You can easily make this on a weeknight for a quick dinner that the whole family will love. I like that it is an easy way to sneak in some veggies if you have picky eaters.
I’ll admit that it isn’t the most beautiful dish out there but comfort food rarely is. What it lacks in presentation, it makes up for in flavor. It is absolutely delicious and I make this at least once a month.
- 15 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped spinach
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Cook pasta shells until they are al dente, about 6-8 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take 1/3 cup of marinara sauce and spread it over a 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, salt, and egg in a large bowl until combined.
- Fold in the spinach and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese into the ricotta mixture.
- Take one of the cooled pasta shells and cup it in your hand squeezing the sides together so that it stays open. Using a fork, fill the shell with the filling and place in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining shells.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the filled pasta shells and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the shells are cooked through.
Super easy and super delicious! You can always add more or less spinach, it is just what your prefer. You could even add some beef or Italian sausage for even more flavor.
I bought the ingredients when they were on sale and I easily made this entire meal for less than $5! This is a great meal for a cold winter night when you just want something to warm you up.
Leave a Reply