I have been trying to do better with meal planning. It is a big help on busy weeknights. I tried a new taquitos recipe that was so easy to make and something that my whole family loved. This will be going into my monthly dinner rotation, for sure!
Post may contain affiliate links.
My slow cooker makes my life so much easier. I don’t have to scramble around at 5 o’ clock wondering what we are going to eat for dinner. Plus, a slow cooker recipe usually makes a lot of food for my family of 3 so we usually have plenty for leftovers to eat the next night.
I love Mexican food so I knew I had to give this chicken taquitos recipe a try. I am so glad that I did. I also love that it only uses 6 ingredients!
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or you can make your own)
- 8 0z. of cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- flour tortillas
- cooking spray or melted butter, optional
- Combine the chicken, taco seasoning, water, and cream cheese in your slow cooker. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken and shred it. Add it back to the slow cooker and mix until everything is combined.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Fill a flour tortilla with a spoonful of the chicken mixture. You can use corn tortillas if you like, flour tortillas are just easier to roll.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top of the chicken mixture and tightly roll up the tortilla. Place seam side down on the cookie sheet. The 1 cup of cheese is just an estimate, use as much or as little as you like.
- To get a nice crunchy, golden brown look to your taquitos, spray them with a little bit of cooking spray before putting them in the oven. You can also brush on some melted butter if you would rather use that instead.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are golden brown.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
This slow cooker chicken taquitos recipe was a big hit at my house, even my super picky two year old loved them! We just topped ours off with a little bit of salsa but you can use whatever you prefer. I also made my Restaurant Style Spanish Rice Recipe to go with it and it tasted amazing!