One of the easiest ways to earn a little cash or free products is to use refer a friend programs. You can earn so many credits to use towards things that you love and would buy anyway. It is a product that you love and would recommend to your friends and family so you might as well get a little something out of it too.
You may think that you have to have a lot of friends or be super spammy to earn free stuff from refer a friend programs but that isn’t true. I’m not saying to sign up for every single refer a friend program that is out there. Just find some products that you would actually want and that you think your friends or family would genuinely be interested in.
If you have friends that love beauty products for example, send them a quick email saying that you found this great offer on Julep where they can get their first box of beauty products for free and you thought they would like to try it. Ask if they want to sign up would they mind using your affiliate link so that you both get the credit.
People love signing up using affiliate links when they know they are going to be getting a discount when they use it. It is a win-win for everyone. You can send affiliate links out through email or put them on all of your social media pages as well. You will be surprised at how quickly people will sign up and how quickly you will rack up the rewards.
I have compiled a list of some of the most popular refer a friend programs that I think you will love. Most of these are my personal affiliate links so if you want to sign up using them you can score the special discount or free credit as well. You will have to create an account with most of these programs in order to get a referral link but they are all free to join.
To find your refer a friend link, I suggest scrolling down to the bottom of the homepage and seeing if they have a “Refer a Friend” link that you can click on there. Otherwise, go to your account profile or dashboard and you should see something there. It might say “Invite a Friend”.
I will try to keep this list updated and add new programs when I find them. Just know that the amount of credit may change so just read the refer a friend offer that they have at the time you sign up.
- Ebates: Your friend gets $10 when they make their first purchase of $25 or more and you get $25 for the first 3 friends for a total of a $75 bonus. You then earn $5 for each additional friends that sign up, there is no limit.
- Leesa: Your friend gets $75 off their mattress order and you get $50 via PayPal for each friend that makes a purchase using your link.
- Ibotta: Your friend earns $10 when they sign up and redeem their first rebate, you earn $5 for each friend that signs up.
- TopCashBack: You earn $10 for each friend that signs up using your link.
- Amazon Student and Amazon Prime: Your friend gets $5 credit when they join and you get $5 for each friend that joins and makes a $5 order using your link.
- Dorco: Give your friends 20% Off at Dorco USA. You get rewarded with 5% of your friend’s purchase for each referral
- Fabletics: Your friend gets their first outfit for $25 and you get $10 for each one that becomes a VIP.
- Hautelook: For each friend you invite, get a $20 credit when they make their first purchase.
- ThredUP: Your friend gets $10 to spend and you get $10 when they spend it. Sometimes the credit for both is $20 if they are running a special promotion.
- Schoola: Your friend earns $20 and you get $20 when they make their first purchase.
- Stitch Fix: Get $25.00 in credit when your friends receive their first Fix.
- Gymboree: Your friend gets 25% off when they make their first purchase. You get a $20 reward with each successful referral!
- eShakti: Invite friends by giving them $30 off their first purchase of $60 or more! For every qualifying offer redeemed, you’ll also get $30 to shop.
- Pure Vida Bracelets: Your friend gets 50% off and you get $10 with their purchase of $40 or more.
- True & Co.: Share True&Co. by giving friends $15 towards their first purchase and get $15 for each offer redeemed!
- BeautyKind: Friends you invite get $25 off their first purchase of $50 or more, and you get $25 when they first buy.
- BirchBox: Get $5 in Birchbox Points for every friend you refer.
- Paula’s Choice: Refer a friend who is a new Paula’s Choice customer and they will get $10 off their first order of $15 or more. When their order ships, you will receive a $10 credit on your account.
- Palm Beach Tan: When you refer a friend to one of their salons, you receive Tan Dollars to spend in the store. There is a form you need to fill out and your friend will receive an email with instructions on how to redeem.
- Julep: Your friend earns their first box free with code FIRSTBOX and you get a $15 credit.
Photos and Gifts
- Shutterfly: Your friend gets a code for a free 8×8 hardcover photobook. Once they make their first purchase you will get the same code for one too.
- Snapfish: Send your friends a coupon for 40% off at Snapfish and you’ll earn a $10 credit when they make a purchase over $10.
- Pet CareRX: Give friends $10 and get $10 every time they buy. They must spend over $35 for you to receive credit.
- Erin Condren: Earn $10 credit for every refered friend.
- The Honest Co.: For each friend you invite, they’ll credit your account $20 once your friend makes a shop or subscription order! In order to receive credit, your friend must be new to both The Honest Company and Honest Beauty.
- Airbnb: Send a friend $20 Airbnb credit. You’ll get $20 when they travel and $80 when they host.
Food & Wine
- Club W: If your friend signs up for Club W with your invite link, you both get credits towards your Club W orders. We’ll give you $26 – that’s 2 bottles on the house – and your friend $13.
- Love with Food: Invite your friends and they’ll save up to 50% on their first box. You get 1000 points ($10 value) for each friend who signs up
- Sam’s Club: Refer a friend and get a $10 e-gift card when they join online. Plus, they’ll get one, too!
- LootCrate: You and your friend both earn $5 credit when they make their first purchase.
- Green Kid Crafts: You’ll earn a $10 credit to use towards anything in their store, including single Discovery Boxes and new subscriptions (credits cannot be applied toward existing subscriptions). PLUS, each friend you refer will save $10 on the first month of their new subscription
- Kiwi Crate: Invite your friends and they will receive $10 off. You get a $10 credit for each friend that signs up.
- DropBox: Invite your friends to join Dropbox, and for each one who installs Dropbox we’ll give you both 500 MB of bonus space. To find your link click on your name in the right hand corner, Settings, Account, and then scroll down to where it says Invite Friends.
- Groupon: You can earn $10 in Groupon Bucks whenever you refer a friend to Groupon and they buy their first deal.
- Rue La La: Whenever someone joins Rue through your link, you’ll get a $10 Credit when their first order ships.
- Zulily: You earn a $15 shopping credit when a new member joins zulily through your personal link and completes a purchase.
Like I said, these are just a few of the ones out there but I hope you see something that sparks your interest. You can also check with your personal phone, cable, and internet providers as a lot of them offer refer a friend discounts and credits as well. Also check with your bank and even your hair stylist. They might have some available too!
If you know of any other refer a friend programs that you have had success with or you just love their product. Let us know in the comments below and I will add it to the list.