I am lucky that I live in the South so our winters aren’t so bad. We will occasionally get some ice and snow but overall I can’t complain. We do still need to remember winter car safety tips for when the weather does turn icy.
It is always good to be prepared!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sam’s Club . All opinions are 100% mine. Post contains affiliate links. if you make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
I know that driving on roads when winter weather strikes isn’t always avoidable. Especially, if you work in the health care or emergency services. There are some winter car safety tips you can follow to ensure your safety as much as possible.
Winter Car Safety Tips
- Have a winter emergency kit stashed in your car. This can include things like: sand, salt, ice scraper, snow shovel, blankets, bottled water, etc.
- Make sure your headlights are clear and in working order to help with visibility.
- The best time to change your windshield wipers is at the beginning of winter. This really helps with the snow and ice.
- Keep your gas tanked filled at least half way. If there is an emergency, you will have enough gas to keep the heater on for a while. Plus, if you are in a traffic jam, you won’t have to worry about finding a gas station.
- Make sure the windshield washer reservoir is full of solution meant for winter weather.
- Remember that speed limits are for dry roads, not wet and slippery ones. Drive slowly and increase your driving distance with the car in front of you.
- Always let someone know if you are going out, where you are going, and what time you should be there.
- Affordable Ways to Winterize your Home on a Budget
- 11 Winter Beauty Hacks you Need to Know
- Car Organization Hacks for Busy Moms
Another very important car winter safety tip is to check your tires and make sure they are in good condition. Check the air pressure and the tread as well.
If you are in need of new tires, you can check out the Sam’s Club #DareToCompare offer. You can get unbeatable prices on brands like: Michelin, Goodyear, BF Goodrich and Pirelli.
They also offer an amazing Tire Installation Package with each tire purchase. The Tire Installation Package makes this deal even better ($15/tire, $25/dually tire). The package provides purchasing members with the following benefits and services for as long as they remain an active member of Sam’s Club:
- Tire Mounting
- Tire Lifetime Balancing
- Tire Lifetime Rotation
- A Value Stem
- No Charge Tire Lifetime Flat Repair
- 24-hour Emergency Roadside Service
Complete terms and conditions of all Sam’s Club warranties and services can be obtained at any Sam’s Club Tire and Battery Center location.
Here is how the Sam’s Club Dare to Compare offer works to save you even more money:
Bring a valid “all-in” quote from a tire sales and installation retailer to your Sam’s Club Tire and Battery Center service counter. The quote must be printed on dealer/retailer letterhead and dated within the past 7 business days. The tire must be the same brand, same line, same load index and speed rating (service description) as the tire intended for purchase at Sam’s Club. Sam’s Club carries some club-specific tire lines – in these cases, Sam’s Club will compare the club-specific tire line to the equivalent general-market tire line. Sam’s Club considers the following tire lines to be equivalent and will price match accordingly:
Club-Specific Tire Model
General-Market Tire Model
BFGoodrich Touring T/A
BFGoodrich Advantage T/A
Michelin Defender XT
Michelin X Radial LT2
Michelin LTX M/S2
You can get a price match and great service at your local Sam’s Club. Make sure to stop by and get your tires checked out before a winter storm hits.
Use these winter car safety tips to help keep you and your family safe. Remember to stay off the slick, icy roads as much as possible. Keeping your car well maintained is the first step to keeping you safe.