If you have a blog, you know how important it is to promote it. There are so many ways you can effectively promote your blog offline as well as online. I think a lot of us get so used to promoting on social media and share groups that we forget there are people in the real world that we can reach as well.
Word of mouth is probably my favorite way to let people know about my blog. I think I get more readers from my Mom telling people about my blog than I do from Facebook. Let all of your friends and family know about your blog and ask if they can help spread the word. Make sure to have an “elevator pitch” ready so that you can easily tell them what your blog is about and who your targeted audience is.
Post may contain affiliate links.
You can even get the word out to strangers by using promotional products. Put your blog logo on products and let it speak for itself. This is great for people who are shy and have a hard time talking about themselves. You can do this with all kinds of things. I usually take advantage of the Shutterfly promos. They will routinely have free item deals like cards, photo mugs, calendars, etc. Instead of putting a photo on them, use your blog logo. People will see it and usually ask you about it. Here are a few ways to use them:
- If you go to a coffee shop or library to get your work done, make a computer sleeve or sticker so that while you are working it will catch people’s attention.
- Put your logo on a reusable shopping bag and get the word out while you are running errands. The cashiers always ask about it.
- Put your logo on a coffee mug or tumbler. Use it at your local coffee shop. I’m sure the baristas will want to know more.
- You can put a logo on your cell phone or tablet case. We all know how much we are on those.
- Make a car decal, bumper sticker, or window cling with your logo and website information. You never know who might see it when you are driving around town.
- Have stamps or address labels made with your logo. At the very least, the mail carrier will notice.
Every blogger should have business cards! I was able to order 500 for only $16 from Vistaprint. They are very affordable! Here are the ones I got made:
There are several ways you can get creative with business cards.
- Leave them in any library books you may check out. You can also get bookmarks made with your blog info on them. I think that is a really cool idea!
- If you are a coupon or frugal living blogger, take some coupons you won’t be using to the store and leave them by the product with your business card.
- Hand them out conferences or fairs.
- Always have some on hand for when anyone asks about your blog. That way they can easily find you online.
- Give them to people in any church, mommy groups, etc.
- If you go out to eat, just leave one at the table for the next customer to find.
Some other strategies to effectively promote your blog are:
- Teach a class in your niche at your local church, library, or community center.
- Hang flyers or business cards on bulletin boards at colleges, neighborhood clubhouses, libraries, your children’s afterschool activities, anywhere you think your targeted audience will be. You can even add a QR code to the flyers so they can check it out on their phones.
- Whenever you sign a receipt, just write our website URL on the bottom. A future reader may see it.
All of these ways to promote your blog are really easy and affordable. All of the items you can personalize can be found at Shutterfly or Vistaprint. These are the most affordable sites I have found. Always look for promo codes to save even more or wait until they are having a free offer.
What are some ways you promote your blog offline? Leave any tips in the comments.
You can also follow me on Instagram to see how I promote my blog over there.