This year for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I made the Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole and it was a hit! I took it to both of my family gatherings and everyone commented on how great it was.
I love that this recipe uses a crunchy pecan topping instead of the regular marshmallows. If you have never eaten at a Ruth’s Chris restaurant, you should try it.
Their food is amazing and this recipe is no exception. It is great for anytime of the year, not just holidays.
- Southern Style Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
- Hidden Veggie Recipes the Whole Family will Love
- Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Sides: Take the Stress off Holiday Cooking
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole recipe is so easy to make. You can even double or triple it if you have a very large crowd to feed during the holidays. Watch the video below for step by step instructions.
Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole Copycat Recipe
For the topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/3 stick butter, melted
Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar ( can use less if you don’t want it as sweet)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl for the crust. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a medium-size casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl in the order listed. Beat thoroughly with a hand mixer to increase the fluffiness of the sweet potato mixture. You can also use a stand mixer.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish. (At this point, dish can be covered and refrigerated if desired.)
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture and return to oven for 10 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- The brown sugar and pecan crust should be slightly browned and crunchy.
If you are a sweet potato fan, you will love this Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole recipe. You could even half the recipe if you just wanted it for a regular weeknight meal.
This recipe could serve about 8-10 people depending on how big of a serving you get. Try it out and let me know what you think.
Recipe adapted from Ruth’s Chris