This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsAtTarget #CollectiveBias
Having a toddler, I have to sit through a lot of movies and TV shows that are not ones that I personally enjoy. It can be a little annoying to watch some of the kid programs out there. I am so glad that the Minions movie is coming out on DVD/Blu-Ray! It is something that both my daughter and I enjoy watching together. To get ready for our movie night, I decided to make some Minions Colored Bubbles for her to play with before the movie.
These were so fun and really easy to make. My daughter had a blast running around outside trying to pop them. It really helped get some of her energy out so that she could actually sit still and enjoy the movie. She loved seeing the bubble container look like a minion or “mimis” as she calls them. Here is what you will need to make these adorable bubbles:
- clear plastic or glass cylinder (old sprinkle containers work good, too)
- bubble wand
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup clear dish soap
- washable yellow paint
- wiggle eyes
- super glue
- blue duct tape or painter’s tape
- jewelry clasps
- black permanent marker
- Take the blue duct tape and wrap it around the bottom of the clear cylinder. This will make the Minions pants. Take another strip of duct tape and cut it down the middle. Attach the strips from the pants up to above the half way point on the cylinder, this will be the suspenders.
- Use super glue to attach the eyes to the jewelry clasps. The eyes I used fit right into the clasps so I didn’t have to glue them, they were a perfect fit. Then super glue the eyes onto the cylinder.
- Use a black marker to draw a mouth anyway you would like. I just drew a smile on mine. I colored in the teeth with a white crayon.
- To make the bubbles, add the dish soap, hot water, and light corn syrup to a container and mix well.
- Finally, add your paint color of choice, since this is a minion I used yellow, and mix well. I used about a Tbs. of paint. Then just pour it into your cylinder and you have Minions colored bubbles that the kids will love!
The Minions movie was released on Dec. 8th and I went straight to Target to buy it. They have a Target exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD MetalPak. Even better, they have a deal where you can get a $5 Target gift card when you buy the MetalPak! Not only do you get a great deal but it comes with a bunch of bonus features.
The Minions MetalPak is super cute! You get the Blu-ray, DVD, digital movie, and a bonus disc that is full of fun party essentials inspired by the Minions movie. There are printables for games, recipes, crafts, banners, and so much more. The DVD even comes with 40 minutes of Target Exclusive content.
I was able to get everything I needed from Target for a fun movie night with my little minion. We got popcorn, candy, and drinks. She had a blast watching the movie and she loved dancing to all the songs! I really enjoyed it myself. It was really cute and funny. I just like the way they talk, it cracks me up. This movie really is something that the whole family can enjoy together.
The Minions movie will make a fantastic Christmas gift. Make sure you get it from Target so that you get all of the fun extras. I hope you enjoy making the Minions colored bubbles to go along with your movie. They are a fun way to get the kids excited for it. What are some ways you get prepped for a family movie night? Do you have any traditions that you do?