To me, the holidays mean making special memories with my family and spending time with the ones that I love. What better way to do that then over a decadent dessert that everyone will enjoy? This Peppermint Cheesecake recipe will be a crowdpleaser this holiday season. It will be great for Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Post contains affiliate links.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- 10 Adorable DIY Kid’s Christmas Ornaments
- 12 Gorgeous DIY Christmas Decor Ideas
Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
- 12 ounces of Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 8oz. packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- coarsely crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
1. Place cookies in a food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped. Pour into a buttered 9-inch round springform pan and pour melted butter over crumbs; mix to coat, then press evenly over bottom and about 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
Bake in a 300° oven until crust is slightly darker and looks a bit dry, about 10 minutes (leave oven on).
2. Make sure cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature. In a bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
Beat in sour cream. Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend after each addition. Beat in flour, vanilla, peppermint extract, and salt until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture into pan over the baked crust.
3. Bake until edges are just golden and center jiggles slightly when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour. Run a knife around edge of pan rim.
Cool cheesecake completely in pan. Cover and chill until cold, at least 4 hours or up to 2 days. Run a knife around rim again, then release rim.
4. In a microwave-safe dish in 20 second intervals, stirring between each go, melt together the chocolate chips and shortening until smooth and able to drizzle.
Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the cheesecake. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
I was inspired to make this recipe from the new Glade® Winter Collection that I saw at my local Publix grocery store. These new scents are amazing! I smelled of the Be at Peace™ scent, which has hints of Balsam Fir and Juniper, and I said, ” This smells like Christmas!”
It brought back so many childhood memories of sitting around the Christmas tree and eating the peppermint candy canes that were hanging from the limbs. I just always associate peppermint with Christmas.
You can get them in jar candles, plug-in scented oils, room spray, and wax melts. I personally love the wax melts. I have been using one of the new scents everyday and it just makes me feel so warm and nostalgic when I walk in the room. I have a fake tree and I miss having the smell of a real Christmas Tree but with the Glade® wax melts, I get to enjoy the scent!
I hope to make this peppermint cheesecake a new family tradition to go along with all of the other traditions I plan on passing down to my little girl.
I have so many fond memories around this time of year and I want to give her some amazing memories as well. What are some family traditions that you have?