Can you feel it? Fall is coming! It is one of my favorite times of the year because the weather is so nice and not too hot or too cold. This makes it the perfect time to do fun fall family activities outdoors and enjoy each other’s company.
I’ve come up with a list of fun activities for members of all ages to enjoy.
*Frugal Tip: Make sure to check out Groupon or Living Social for some of these. You can save over 50% off! Just search under Local Deals. I saw deals for corn mazes, haunted houses, and pumpkin patches in my city.
- Jump in a pile of leaves
- Take a drive through the mountains and look at all the leaves changing colors.
- Make hot apple cider
- Make a fresh apple or pumpkin pie
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Run through a corn maze
- Go for a hike
- Check out all the fall festivals and state fairs ( I can’t wait for the Renaissance festival in my town!)
- Play paintball ( for the older kids)
- Make pumpkin spice everything! Even this pumpkin spice fudge recipe!
- Make caramel or candy apples
- Make some Halloween and Thanksgiving crafts (hello, Pinterest!)
- Have a bonfire
- Make s’mores!
- Take a hayride
- Visit a haunted house (for the older and braver kids)
- Go apple picking and make apple chips (so yummy!)
- Head to the local library and stock up on books. Curl up under some cozy blankets for family reading time.
- Make your own Halloween costumes, including your pets.
- Go to a local high school football game
These are just some of the things that my family likes to do during the fall. Now that my daughter is a little bit older, we can start making traditions and taking her to the state fairs. I hope this gives you some inspiration for fall family activities. What does your family like to do? Do you have any special traditions?