Shrimp is my favorite type of seafood. I have tried a lot of different ways to make it: grilled, fried, sauteed, boiled, etc. I found this recipe on the Damn Delicious blog and had to try it out. You really should check out her site, she has a lot of great recipes! I absolutely loved this Buttery Garlic Shrimp recipe. It was so easy to make and everything was done in 15 minutes! This is a great weeknight meal and you probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. I used my Green Earth Frying Pan and clean up was a breeze! Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley leaves, if desired.
This was a really tasty dish. It is not for those who are watching your weight but it is a nice meal to indulge in every once in a while. I stock up on shrimp when they go on sale for B1G1 free at the grocery stores so this is really a meal you can make for under $10! Frugal, easy, and delicious… a meal after my own heart! Try out this Buttery Garlic Shrimp and you will not be disappointed!