If you don’t like to coupon but still want to save money, the best way to do that is to shop at Dollar Stores. They have some great bargains if you know what to shop for. Not everything is a great deal so you really need to know what to look for. Just like with any store, make sure to check their weekly ads and read over their coupon policy to save even more. Here is my list of the 10 best things to buy at the dollar stores.
1) Party Supplies: You can get great deals on paper plates, cups, streamers, balloons, even party favors. They may not be name brand but they get the job done!
2) Greeting Cards: Why spend $4 or more on a greeting card when you can get one for only $1 at the dollar stores? You tell people how you feel without breaking the bank.
3) Hair Accessories: Dollar stores have great prices on hair elastics, brushes, bobby pins, and anything else you need to make your style look great.
4) Cleaning supplies: I have found great deals on name brand cleaning supplies like Clorox bleach, Dawn, Purex, and much more. If I need something right away and can’t wait for sales at other stores, I will get them at the dollar stores at a much better price.
5) Pet supplies: I have two dogs so I always look for ways to save on pet supplies. I have gotten dog beds, toys, and bones at the dollar store for great prices. That way if they destroy the toy after a few days, it’s not like I spent more then $5 on it.
6) Socks: You may not think about clothes when you hear dollar store, but you can get some great deals on things like underwear and socks. They usually have name brand socks at the lowest prices I’ve seen and the quality is always great.
7) Dish Towels and Oven Mitts: I have seen some great deals on dish towels and oven mitts at the dollar stores. They have some really cute ones too! I’ve seen packs that are 4 for $1. Why spend a lot of money on something that is just going to get dirty anyway?
8) Storage Containers: Dollar stores also carry good quality storage containers at low prices. This is the perfect place to stock up for spring cleaning or if you need to store seasonal items.
9) Craft/School supplies: If it isn’t back to school time, the best place to shop for school supplies is the dollar store. They have great prices on pens, pencils, paper, markers, and much more.
10) Seasonal Items: You can get great deals on things like wrapping paper, decorations, gift bags, and anything else you may need to get through holidays throughout the year. Don’t forget to shop a few days after the holiday to get things for over 50% off!
If you have anything else you think should be added to the list, leave it in the comments below.