I have found a new recipe on Pinterest ( go figure) and I am in love. I made this a few weeks ago and it is so good and you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. The Crispy Cheddar Cheese Chicken Recipe is so easy and would make a great weeknight meal when you need something quick and delicious. Just add some vegetables and you will have a complete meal.
Crispy Cheddar Cheese Chicken Recipe
3-4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2/3 cup milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups Progresso Italian Breadcrumbs ( or any brand)
2 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each breast of chicken into thirds.
- Dip each piece into milk, then cheddar cheese, then Italian breadcrumbs. (I found that if you mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together, they stick better to the chicken.)
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with foil.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 25 minutes, then remove foil, baste with melted butter, and cook 10-12 additional minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and coating is golden brown.
See, super easy! My family loved this recipe and it is something I will definitely make again in the future.