I tried this Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe this past week and it was really good and not to mention pretty easy to make. This is going on my best comfort food list. This recipe is very basic so you can add your own personal touches to it to really make it your own. I’m planning on using different seasonings next time and add some frozen veggies to make it more nutritious.
Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe:
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 (10 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
2-3 cooked chicken breasts
2 1/2 cups cooked noodles ( I used egg noodles)
1/4 Ritz cracker crumbs (this really makes the recipe, so don’t skimp on this)
- Add butter in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Add onions and saute in butter until tender
- Add in soup and 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese
- Gradually stir in milk
- Cook until cheese melts
- Stir in chicken and noodles
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Put mixture into a casserole dish and add cracker crumbs on top
- Bake at 350° for 30 min or until heated through
- Add remaining cheese and cook for 5 more minutes.