We will continue the top 10 lists with the top 10 uses for vinegar. I’m talking about regular distilled vinegar for this post, I’ll go into the other kinds later. The best thing about vinegar is that it is so cheap! You can get a huge bottle on sale for around $2. Not only is it good for your wallet but it so nice to replace harsh home cleaners with natural remedies too.
1) Fabric Softener: use vinegar just like you would a brand name fabric softener to reduce cling and soften clothes. It also helps get rid of any moldy odors on towels and workout clothes.
2) Disinfect surfaces: Add one part vinegar to one part water in a spray bottle and use it to disinfect surfaces in your bathroom and kitchen. No more reason to buy Lysol!
3) Remove stickers or tape: If you need to remove the adhesive from stickers, tape, or price tags simply wipe the area with a rag that has some vinegar on it. Rub the area until all the adhesive has been removed.
4) Strengthen Nails: You can strengthen your nails by regularly dipping them in vinegar.
5) Get rid of cold sores: You can dry up a cold sore by dabbing it with an cotton ball that has been soaked in vinegar. No more expensive Abreva!
6) Get rid of Diaper Rash: Add a couple tablespoons of vinegar to your baby’s bathwater to help eleviate diaper rash
7) Clean Hair Stylers: Clean your flat irons or curling irons by wiping them with a cloth soaked in vinegar. It removes all the product buildup
8 ) Kill Weeds: Vinegar is a natural weed killer. Just put some in a spray bottle and go crazy!
9) Make your own salad dressing: It’s really easy (and cheap) to make your own healthy salad dressings with vinegar. You can get some great salad dressing recipes online.
10) Prevent Pee Spots in your grass: You can actually neutralize your dog’s urine by adding a few drops of vinegar to your dog’s water. This will help prevent your grass from turning that ugly yellow/brown color.
I hope this has given you some great ideas on how to use vinegar. There are many more ways to use it as well. If you know of any great tips and uses for vinegar please let us know if the comment section.
Leave a Reply