Continuing on with our top 10 lists for everday household items, today we will look at the many uses for regular granulated sugar. Besides making everything sweet and delicious and putting me in a sugar coma, it has many other uses. It can solve household and beauty problems we have everyday. Here are my top 10 uses for sugar.
1) Soothe a burnt tongue: Suck on a sprinkle of sugar or a sugar cube and the pain should go away.
2) Make an body scrub: Combine sugar with oil to create a loose paste. You can add essential oils or vanilla extract to give it a yummy fragrance. Use it in the shower and rinse off for smooth skin.
3) Keep Baked Goods Fresh: Put cookies or cakes in a closed container. Add a sprinkle of sugar or a sugar cube and they will stay fresher longer.
4) Clean grimy hands: If your hands are really dirty and grimy, add some sugar to your soap and water lather. It will help remove all the dirt.
5) Get rid of Nematode worms: If your garden is looking a little sad, you may have nematode worms. You can get rid of them by sprinkling a little sugar around the base of the plants.
6) Make hummingbird nectar: You can make your own hummingbird nectar by mixing 1 parts of sugar into 4 parts of water. Bring to a boil and let cool. The birds will be flocking to your house.
7) Get rid of hiccups: Some people say that if you dissolve a bit of sugar on your tongue, it will get rid of hiccups. I haven’t tried this one myself.
8 ) Get rid of strong odors: Boil some sugar in water to eliminate the strong cooking odors from your kitchen.
9) Keep your suitcase fresh: Before storing away your suitcase, add 3-4 sugar cubes and it will help prevent damp and moldy odors.
10) Make your lipstick last longer: Once you have applied your lipstick, sprinkle some sugar on your lips and then lick off. This should make your lipstick last much longer.