There are so many different uses for common baking soda. I know must of us only use it for cooking or baking but you can really get a lot out of it. It’s great because it’s cheap and better for your health then all those cleaners that contain chemicals. Here are my top 10 uses for baking soda:
1) Add a cup to bathwater to make your skin softer.
2) Scatter baking soda around flowerbeds to prevent rabbits from eating your veggies.
3) Sprinkle it on your pet’s comb or brush to deodorize their fur and skin.
4) Add a cup to the toilet, leave it for an hour, and then flush. It will clean the toilet and absorb the odor.
5) Soak combs and brushes in a solution of 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a small basin of warm water. Rinse and allow to dry. This removes oil build up and product residue.
6) Clean your vinyl shower curtain by sprinkling baking soda directly on a clean damp sponge or brush. Scrub the shower curtain and rinse clean.
7) It’s a great deodorizer. Use it to freshen lunch boxes, trash cans, refrigerator, litter boxes, linens, and much more.
8) Put baking soda on a damp sponge to clean fresh fruits and veggies.
9) Use it to keep your grill clean by putting some baking soda on a damp brush, scrubbing the grate, then rinsing.
10) Mix a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water to soothe heartburn.
If you know of any other uses, feel free to share them in the comments. I’d love to learn some new tricks.