I have discovered a great new potato side dish, Hasselbeck potatoes! They are super yummy and super easy. Apparently, this is a traditional way to eat potatoes in Sweden. You can pretty much add any spice of flavor you want. Here is my quick recipe for Hasselbeck potatoes.
1) Clean baking potatoes, do not peel
2) Cut thin strips into potatoes, not all the way through. Tip: Put a wooden spoon beside the potato as you cut. The spoon will stop the blade from cutting all the way through. If you accidentally cut all the way, simply hold it together with a toothpick.
3) Microwave for 5=7 min. to speed up the cooking process.
4) Brush olive oil or butter (or both) as well as sea salt in between the cuts.
5) Bake in oven at 375°C for 20-25 min.
6) During the last five min. of cooking I added shredded cheddar cheese in between the cuts.
7) Add more salt or butter to the cooked potato.
These were so good and my boyfriend asked when I was going to make some more. The pieces pull apart pretty easily and would make great appetizers if you are throwing a party. I think I will try adding garlic powder or some Cajun spices next time.