You may have heard of Emmy Rossum before, she is mulit-talented acclaimed actress who currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless. I know her best from The Phantom of the Opera movie. Emmy has a new CD called Sentimental Journey. It includes 12 songs by some of the most beloved artists of the last century. It’s a collection of classic covers that takes us through the American Songbook. Each song is supposed to represent a month out of the year.
I gave it a listen, and there is no denying that Emmy is talented and has a beautiful voice. This is not something that I would normally listen to. It has more of a 40’s and 60’s feel to it. I usually listen to top 40 music so this wasn’t the genre I am used to. The songs were good if you like that particular genre but I just couldn’t really get into it. I might listen to the CD every once in a while when the mood strikes to broaden my horizon.
Emmy Rossum: Sentimental Journey comes out Jan. 29th and is available on iTunes or Amazon. If you’d like a throwback to the classic songs this album is for you. It includes the following songs:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
Check out her music video for “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)”. It will give you a good feel for the sound of the album. By the way, she looks beautiful!
Disclosure: I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. All opinions stated are my own
Leave a Reply