I wanted to share this Easy Candy Cane Cake recipe that I made over the holidays. It was really yummy and I got all of the ingredients on sale! It cost less then $5 to make. I’ve already gotten two request from my boyfriend to make it again. This is a great way to get rid of all those leftover candy canes too.
Easy Candy Cane Cake:
1 Box of Devil’s Food cake mix
2 tubs of Butter Cream Frosting
1 Box of small candy canes
1) Make Devil’s Food cake mix according to the instructions on the box. I used Duncan Hines cake mix but any brand will do.
2) While the cake is baking, take about 10-20 small candy canes and place in a ziploc bag. Smash candy canes ( I used a small hammer) until they form a fine powder. Note: Place a paper towel under the ziploc bag as some of the candy cane pieces will poke holes in the bag and create a small mess.
3) Once the cakes have cooled, frost one and add some of the candy cane powder over the top of the frosting.
4) Add the second cake on top and frost the top and the sides. Add the remaining powder over the top. I added more in the center to create a pretty design.
5) Add some candy canes around the side of the cake for decoration.
That’s it! This is one of the easiest cakes I’ve made and it was so good. I think I will make this every Christmas.
Looks so good!