It’s that time of year. I have seen so many great sales on grapes at my local grocery stores. Grapes are one of my all time favorite fruits so I usually stock up. A good stock up price is usually around $.99/lb. As you know grapes don’t usually last very long once you buy them. I am going to try freeze grapes this year so I can munch on them for the rest of the year without paying $3/lb which is the normal price.
Freezing grapes is really very simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Wash grapes thoroughly and remove the stem. Be sure to dry them off really well.
2. Arrange grapes on a baking sheet with wax paper. Make sure the grapes aren’t touching each other.
3. Put baking sheet in the freezer for at least an hour.
4. Put frozen grapes in a ziploc freezer bag. Be sure to right the date on the bag. Frozen grapes will usually last for 3 months once frozen.
5. To defrost, just let them sit at room temperature for 20-30min. and snack away.
You can also use the grapes to make homemade jams and jellies. I’m not that good at being domestic so I just eat them whole. If you have any other ideas or recipes for grapes leave them in the comments below. I’m sure we could all use some new ideas.