I have one thing I am always responsible for making at my family gatherings, the deviled eggs. I have been making them since I was a teen and they are always a hit. There are never any left when the dinners are over. I wanted to share this Southern style deviled eggs recipe so that you can make them for your family.
Post contains affiliate links.
I always make these for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas dinners. I have to double this recipe because our family dinners have become more like family reunions, there are over 40 of us now!
I am very blessed to have such a large family so I don’t complain about the extra cooking!
Like any kind of egg recipe, this will stink up your house for a little while, I just usually have a candle or wax melt burning to make it smell nicer.
On a side note, if you are going to be making a lot of these and traveling, I highly suggest getting an egg carrier. I have one and it has made my life so much easier. I don’t have to worry about them sliding all around the plate.
This recipe will make 24 eggs, feel free to half it or even double it if you have a big family like mine!
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet salad cubes ( can substitute w/ sweet relish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika, for sprinkling
- Remove shells from the hard boiled eggs and cut the eggs in half.
- Remove all of the egg yolks and place in a bowl. Lay the egg whites on a large plate or baking sheet.
- Using the back of a fork, smash all of the egg yolks until they look like little crumbles.
- Add the mayonnaise to the yolks and mix well.
- Add the sweet salad cubes to the yolk mixture and mix well. If the mixture looks too dry, you can always add a little bit more mayo. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into each egg white. If you want it to be pretty, you can always pipe the mixture in using a plastic bag with the tip cut off.
- Sprinkle the deviled eggs with paprika.
That’s all there is to it. The worst part is peeling all of the hard boiled eggs but my daughter thinks it is fun.
I hope your family likes these Southern style deviled eggs as much as mine does. They make a great addition to any dinner.