We know that everyone loves getting a treat on Halloween and that also includes our dogs. I will usually go to Petsmart and get them a new toy or some treats during the after Halloween sale….they really don’t care if the toys are black and orange and I get a great discount at 50-75% off. So instead of buying Halloween treats at full price, I decided to make my own. I found a great dog biscuit recipe online and tweaked it a little bit to create a Halloween dog treat recipe.
This Halloween dog treat recipe is really easy. You only need 4 ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cut hot water
- 1/3 cut of peanut butter
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
1. Heat oven to 350°F
2. Mix the flour and oats together in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the peanut butter (chunky or smooth) and water into the bowl.
4. Knead the dough until everything is mixed together.
5. Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch and cut out Halloween shapes ( I used a Ghost cookie cutter)
6. Optional: whisk egg and brush on cookies with a pastry brush. This just makes them look nicer.
7. Place cookies on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 min.
8. Let them cool and let the puppies enjoy!
My dogs went nuts over these treats. I like knowing exactly what is in their treats and that this recipe is pretty healthy and doesn’t have anything in it I wouldn’t eat. Sadie ate 2 and Obi only ate half of one (mainly because Sadie stole his other half). These would be fun to have on hand on Halloween night. Some people take their dogs trick-or-treating with the kids and this would be a nice surprise to have for the dogs.
I was able to make 20 cookies with this recipe and still had a little bit of dough left over. You can decorate them anyway you want, I just left mine plain. Try out this Halloween dog treat recipe and let me know what you think and especially if your dogs enjoyed the treats as much as mine.
No related posts.